Saturday, April 7, 2012

Story Published!

From the Speakers: CAN'T BE SAVED by Senses Fail
Just Read: CITY OF BONES by Cassandra Clare--Really enjoyed the plot, the story. The writing, though, was redundant at points, and even seemed a bit juvenile here and there. Didn't stop me from starting the sequel, though.
Reading Now: CITY OF ASHES by Cassandra Clare

My story "Ten Stories Up, Ten Years Later" came out in Misfit Magazine! Click on the link to check it out, and leave a comment if you feel so inclined. Always appreciated.

The story's about a car wreck. The county I'm from is notorious for having teenagers killed in car wrecks, and I don't know why. I have a few theories--more winding, country roads, for one, and a general boredom settled over the teenage population that makes everyone want to speed for fun--but whatever the reason, it sucks. There were like ten kids at my high school killed in wrecks when I was there. I'm lucky to have made it out unscathed.

Anyway, thinking about that got me writing this story. A bit of catharsis, yeah, a bit of taking some bad feelings and putting them down on paper so they don't stay up there infect anything. Just one more thing that makes writing great.

But hopefully, you, my Generous Reader, won't let that tidbit bring you down, and you'll be able to enjoy the story as an isolated slice of entertainment. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed it -- and left you a comment @ Misfit. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete