Sunday, September 25, 2011

Radio Star

From the Speakers: DROWNING YOU IN FEAR by Scary Kids Scaring Kids

Big news!!

A while back, I mentioned here on my blog that my story "Good Business, With Guns" was going to be featured on a science fiction radio program. Well . . . IT AIRED YESTERDAY!

It was so cool listening to some voice actor I've never met read and interpret my words over the radio, so awesome wondering how many people were tuning in from who knows where, getting to know me through my work and enjoying something I had created.

One thought that crossed my mind: the station is out of Maine, which is where Stephen King, one of my favorite authors, lives. Dare I believe it barely possible that he might have tuned in? That someone whose work I've read for years actually got to listen to some of mine? He probably didn't, of course, but it's still fun to imagine.

I know what you're thinking (or I hope I do)--you're thinking "Oh no! I missed the broadcast." Fear not. The podcast is available online. Here's the link: http://www.beammeuppodcast.com/beam-me-up-280-c-j-wolf-devin-miller/. My story starts about 12 minutes and 13 seconds into the show, and lasts for about 12 minutes. Go listen and tell me what you think!

If you want to follow along with the reading, here's how it appears at Ray Gun Revival: http://www.raygunrevival.com/good-business-with-guns-devin-miller/

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment