Friday, February 3, 2023

A Solid Start to 2023

Now Playing: KILLER by Eminem
Just Read: BILLY SUMMERS by Stephen King--A fun story, another about a writer but this one with a kind of unique twist that inspired some ideas in my own writing. 
Reading Now: LAST ARGUMENT OF KINGS by Joe Abercrombie

This year is off to a good start!

I had my first publication in ages this month with my story "Swatted" appearing in Metastellar Magazine. The link is on the left hand side of the page. Please check it out--it's a quick read, maybe 5 pages--and let me know what you think, either here on my blog or on Twitter at @dmmiller4000. 

I've begun to be more active in the Wulf Pack Writers Group, critiquing other writers' story openings and doing some exercises that I never took the time to do before. This has helped me stay vigilant with the word counts and the submissions in a way that I haven't since the old days of Write1Sub1 back in the early 2010s. 

I'm hoping this year to keep up the production of short stories while also editing a novel manuscript that has been on hold while I finished my degree and had a baby who is now 3 months old and sleeping well. It's an ambitious goal, but I like pushing myself and having goals outside of my capability. I believe that keeping this up will help me get better faster, keep my productivity high, and find success sooner. 

Back to the grind! 

No comments:

Post a Comment