Monday, January 16, 2012

Hard Work

From the Speakers: FORTUNE FADED by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Just Read: AIRMAN by Eoin Colfer--Great read! Exactly the kind of adventure story I want to write. A bit like The Count of Monte Cristo meets YA steampunk. Read it and tell me if you agree.
Reading Now: THE WOLF TREE by John Claude Bemis

Tell you what I've discovered thus far in my 2012 challenge: one week is a stunningly short amount of time to write and polish a story for submission.

Write1Sub1 is a curious title for this challenge. I'm starting to think Invent1Plan1Write1Toilover1Question1Edit1Ballup1Toss1Retrieve1Salvage1TryAgain1Sub1 would be a more appropriate title.

I knew writing one story per week would be tough and time-consuming, but I haven't quite figured out how to manage my time to get it done just right. Just "write," if you will. That pun really seems to be the key though. Just sitting down and writing, unexpected stuff comes out. I think Mark Twain said something about the best way to finish a project is to start it, or something like that.

Considering how busy I seem to find myself (I have no idea why, I really don't DO much), I should probably stop playing Words with Friends on Facebook and start using time more wisely. Still trying to work out when's the best time to write and squeeze in a blog post, but that's the fun of it.

And so far I'm loving every frantic minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment