Monday, March 2, 2020

Early Progress Report

Now Playing: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS by Michael Giacchino
Just Read: THE LAST WISH by Andrej Sapkowski--Greatly enjoyed all of these stories! I'm looking forward to reading the next installment. And the show was awesome, too!
Reading Now: SLEEPING BEAUTIES by Stephen King and Owen King

Not doing too badly on my 2020 goals so far. I'm almost finished with my fourth new story of the year, have submitted stories nine times so far since January (and plan on submitting another today), and I am about to finish reading my eighth book. So all in all, I've stayed pretty close to my goals. I still have a ways to go, and maybe a little bit of ground to make up, but I can't beat myself up too badly.

It's March, and that means a few deadlines are approaching. The Writers of the Future Contest quarter ends at the end of this month, and I've got a story I'd like to edit and submit. Also, Heroic Fantasy Quarterly is open to submissions this month, and I have another story I'd like to edit for them. Their word count limit is 10,000 words, which means I'll have to find about 1000 words to cut out of the story I have in mind, but that should be doable.

Also, I started looking into local writing opportunities around me here in North Carolina. I really want to go to a writers conference sometime this year, but the one close to me is on the same day as a wedding I'm going to, so that's out. Instead, I met up with a local writer's group this past week and found out about some open mic nights to attend, and some book signings at stores in the area. Maybe a helpful critique group could come out of it. We'll see. Until then, more writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment