Monday, September 30, 2019

Looking Forward to Fall

Now Playing: FAMINE WOLF by Between the Buried and Me
Just Read: LETHAL WHITE by Robert Galbraith--Probably my favorite in this series so far. Easier to follow than the last one, but still a complicated, intricate mystery. Really great book!
Reading Now: TRIPWIRE by Lee Child

It's Fall, y'all!

It's been a good September, with some pretty productive writing sessions. I'm working on a thriller novel and am about 50,000 words into it. That's the goal for a novel during NaNoWriMo, which I've won twice, but this has taken me since mid-July to accomplish. But it hasn't been my only project; I've written 5,000 words of a story I'm planning on finishing and submitting soon, and also edited an old story into something I could submit to the Writers of the Future Contest.

Speaking of, I just found out that my last submission won an Honorable Mention! I believe this is my eighth. The email said that means I'm in the top 2% of submissions. I'm pretty proud of that benchmark, but the truth is that the winners are probably closer to the top 0.002%. That's a lot of improvement still to go, but it's also good motivation.

I'm looking forward to October. I might--might--be able to finish and submit that story AND finish this thriller novel. But I'm not going to kill myself doing it. I'm having more fun writing lately than I have in a long time, and I think that's important. I want to foster that. Also, I'm going to pick up some Stephen King again and read him during the creepiest month of the year. Maybe I'll read "IT" so I can finally see those movies.

Hope you have a great start to fall! You can find me at my desk, writing fervently!

No comments:

Post a Comment