Sunday, April 14, 2019

Now Playing: BUBBLE TOES by Jack Johnson
Just Read: IN A DARK, DARK WOOD by Ruth Ware--Greatly enjoyed this! I loved the aspects of memory and the mystery that produced. It was an interesting technique I might try to use in future stories.
Reading Now: DOCTOR SLEEP by Stephen King

March was a successful month. I finished a story at about 10,000 words, meeting my goal of one story per month so far in 2019. I also began forming an idea for April's story, and so far I am about 2000 words into it. I think I should be able to finish it by the end of the month. It's an old idea that I'm revisiting with a new perspective. It was originally an investigation into a murder, but this time around, I want the main character to have a lot more at stake.

I was also able to edit and submit a story to the Writers of the Future Contest, a story I had previously submitted but that was definitely too long--I cut out about 1500 words from the beginning with the aim of picking up the story's pace. We'll see if it worked.

And I haven't heard back from them about my first quarter submission, which is maybe a good sign?

I've been reading more as well. Somehow I've managed to have books in progress in multiple different categories--a non-fiction book on writing, a poetry collection, a short story collection, a novel, and a book on tape. When I was younger I never thought I would be someone who reads multiple books at once, but somehow I've become that. It was easy! And I'm enjoying every bit of it.

Here's to April being another successful month!

No comments:

Post a Comment