Monday, November 19, 2018

NaNo Update

Now Playing: BARRACUDA by Heart
Just Read: THE PILLARS OF THE EARTH--Loved this. Ken Follett has really catapulted himself to the top of my list of favorite authors, after reading The Century Trilogy and now starting in on the Kingsbridge Trilogy. Such a slow-pace, high-build, well-plotted work.
Reading Now: GONE GIRL by Gillian Flynn

I'm behind.

Not irrevocably so, but pretty behind. By the end of today, in order to be on track to finish 50,000 words in the month of November, I should be at 31,673. I'm at about 21,000. Ten thousand words in one day? That's a challenge. I could probably do it, too, but I doubt I will.

With Thanksgiving this week, traveling to family and enjoying time with them, I expect I'll be pretty far behind still by next weekend. I have eleven days to write about 30,000 more words. That's a lot!

I've got a good plan that extends to about seven chapters right now. I think that if I wrote all the prose in the plan, I would be close to 50K, about halfway through the novel. So there's a great amount of work ahead of me. I really want to hit that 50K mark, but honestly I really am more excited about the story itself. Which is the important part. Still, 50K . . . . So enticing.

Anyway, enough idle writing--back to the story!

No comments:

Post a Comment