Monday, November 7, 2011

183 Pages, One Day

From the Speakers: SWALLOWED  by Bush
Just Read: STARDUST by Neil Gaiman--Great book with a great voice! One of those books that boosts my own creativity.
Just Read: WIZARD'S FIRST RULE by Terry Goodkind--Big commitment, but certainly an enjoyable, well-crafted fantasy. Slow pace, high build, long journey. Great for when you're in the mood for an epic.
Reading Now: GREGOR THE OVERLANDER by Suzanne Collins

The other day, I decided I wasn't going to work on anything new. I'd spent the last week on new stuff, and writing query letters, so I'd been thinking about my novel for a while. I went through it to see if anything jumped out at me as in need of revision.

I got through ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY-THREE PAGES in on day!

I'm not sure how many words that is, but it was a lot. I ended up cutting out a bunch, making certain verbs a lot stronger, and getting a better all-around feel for the novel. It was an awesome day. I'm not doing the NaNoWriMo challenge--although I would love to, one day, probably on my own . . . maybe next July--but I definitely did a lot of work on it this month. I'm giving a lot of thought to doing the Write1Sub1 commitment, though . . .

I felt like I'd run a marathon by the end. Well, let me clarify that--I felt like someone in shape enough to run a marathon and feel alive at the finish line. It was a feeling of immense accomplishment.

Only 190 pages left until the whole novel is edited. We'll see if I can get that done in one day . . . here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment